There are a few things to keep in mind when house hunting in Manitoba during the winter. Make sure to focus on properties that are well insulated and have a reliable and/or updated heating system. The age and style of the windows are important as updating windows is a big cost to take on and a must to factor in to the offer price if they are in need of replacing.
Here are a few tips for keeping your home warm this winter:
1. Check attic insulation. Cellulose can often get blown away from the outside of the attic space due to drafts coming in through the soffit. You may need to spread out this insulation to ensure proper coverage in maintaining the essential R-value needed to keep the heat inside your home.
2. Check door jam weather stripping to maintain a proper seal when closed and in turn prevent heat loss.
3. Get a programmable thermostat. This will help you to save energy by programming the thermostat to turn the heat down a couple degrees when you are not home.
4. Make sure to clean or replace the furnace filter regularly. This will help to ensure that the furnace is running efficiently.
5. Have furnace inspected in the Fall and ensure it is in good working order and that there are no problems that need to be addressed.
6. Stay warm and cozy this winter!
Post Your Comment: